Sunday, December 18, 2005

Peppermint Bark

Will all the eating out I've done recently, it's been a while since I've actually been back in the kitchen so Friday morning I was struck with a cooking bug. I had a couple holiday parties I was going to later that night, so instead of the standard bottle of wine, I opted to bring some Peppermint Bark, recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart Live. I was a little camera happy that morning and was pretty dilligent in taking pictures of every step, so I'll spare you the details and let the pictures do the talking.

Click on the picture for the recipe:


As you can see, I made use again of my Silpat. The more I use this slipperly slice of non-stick goodness, the more I believe that Silpat is one of the greatest kitchen gadgets ever created.

The peppermint bark turned out really nice - they tasted a lot better than they looked and might I add that they look pretty damn good? I think the secret to these is the rice crispy treats, which gave made them really light and crunchy. I wrapped up about 1/2 of the recipe for my holiday party offering later that night and gave away part of the other half to Mike and Devy. Seems like these were quite the addicting candy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment