Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Filipino Christmas

Being back in San Diego after a year has been a little bit of a culture shock. It's nice to be driving again, but I must admit I'm a little rusty and bit pedal-happy. It's also nice to walk out the door when its 60 degrees outside in the morning and funny when people think it's cold - I guess my blood is getting used to the NYC weather. Like every year, I spent Christmas day at an Aunt and Uncle's house a couple blocks down from my parents home, next door to another Aunt and Uncle's house, and just minutes away from another Aunt and Uncle's house.

Although our Christmas menu has evolved from being traditionally Filipino to a more American one with ham, roast beef, and mashed potatoes and gravy, some traditions have been kept alive on the dessert table... well, kind of. Along with a bowl of fudge and plates of panetone, banana bread, and poppy seed cake, this was our homemade holiday cookie tray - 7 or 8 different kinds if I remember correctly. 





No comments:

Post a Comment